Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Intro

So here I am, the blog-titled suburban slacker. This is my first foray into blogging which is, on one hand, an experiment in internet affiliate marketing (more on that in future posts) and, on the other hand, an outlet for pent-up authorship that I have suppressed for many years due to my laziness and anxiety.

I'll save the "here's a little about me" for a later blog. For now, I'll reveal that I am a 39-year- old husband and father of two who, despite his slacker-ness, has clawed his way into middle management at an up-and-coming firm that is all about invention and intellectual property. I have a BSEE and am a Patent Agent (which is a Patent Attorney without the JD ;-).

I plan to use this blog to convey useful information and insights on topics that are of interest to me. No topic is off of the table but I'm guessing that most posts will fall within the following areas:
  • Lacrosse (my kids play)
  • Home brewing
  • Distance running
  • Movies and home theater- from mainstream blockbusters to indie art-house oddities but I steer clear of the uber-weird; if its beyond David Lynch, it's too far
  • Alternative music
  • Guitar
  • Hiking
  • Travel
  • Pacific Northwest
Perhaps my next blog will give a brief overview of the aforementioned affiliate marketing concept. Once I grasped its simplicity and power, I knew that I had to give it a try. What's amazing is that any average Joe can get into it for free and begin generating income rather quickly, assuming that you have websites or content that is worthy of many views...

Also, stay tuned for a Maui trip report with reviews and recommendations on activities and restaurants.

No comments:

Post a Comment